Wednesday 22 May 2013

Recent Happenings


I've been a little quiet on here for the last month or so, I had a lot going on! So here's a little catchup on some of the best bits I neglected to tell you about...

A definite highlight of the last month or so was djing two nights in a row at the infamous Jazz Cafe in London - First up was a set supporting one of hip hop's all time greatest MCs, the legendary Big Daddy Kane, pictured with me above! He gave an incredible show as always, and the event presented with me with a rare opportunity to play a load of my favourite 80's & early 90's hip hop tracks, including a best of Juice Crew set. The following night I was back at the Jazz Cafe to spin all eras Hip Hop & R'n'B videos, yes videos! at the new Doctors Orders A/V night, I'm back at it there again this coming Friday night, more on that in a bit...


Another highlight of the month was headlining the fresh new Hip Hop/RnB night 'Next Level' in Stoke Newington - look out for these guys, they certainly know how to throw a party, and this one allowed me to go where I wanted to musically - playing a wide range of styles covering all eras of hip hop & rnb, from the classics right up to present day trap bangers and everything in between! Look out for future collaborations with these guys, I promise I will give you more notice next time!

Finally I have good news for those missing the Droppin' Science Show ! We will be back putting out regular mixes of the freshest hip hop around this June, in a new and improved format! Stay tuned...


No comments: